Sacred Valley Vip And Machu Picchu Tour 2 Days
- 7:30 AM pick up from your hotel in Cusco, for the start of the tour.
- Tour Maras Moray and Sacred Valley ( We will visit Chinchero market and colonial temple, Moray, salt mines of Maras, and Ollantaytambo, from 07:30 AM – 3:30 PM ).
- PM train ride from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (02 hours trip).
- Pick up and transfer from train station to hotel.
- Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu).
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- AM. Bus ride to Machu Picchu.
- Tour and guided visit in Machu Picchu of the most important places (02 hours approx.).
- Free time in Machu Picchu to visit on your own, Optional hike to the Sun Gate or Inca Bridge.
- Optional: Hike to Huaynapicchu (3 hours, without guide, $ 35 USD per person).
- Bus ride down to Aguas Calientes.
- In the afternoon return by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
Day 1: Unforgettable Journey: Exploring the Sacred Valley, and Aguas Calientes
Tour starts at 7:30 AM with the pick up from your hotel in Cusco, then we will make the trip to the high part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we will visit the typical market of Chinchero and colonial temple, Moray (center of agricultural experimentation) and the salt mines of Maras, then we will go to the town of Urubamba to have lunch. After lunch we will visit the fortress of Ollantaytambo, where there are descendants of the Incas who live in the houses of the Incas, finally we will go to the train station of Ollantaytambo, to board the train that leaves at 4:30 PM. The train ride is approximately 2 hours to the town of Aguas Calientes, where we will arrive around 5:00 PM, where we will spend the night in the selected hotel (Machu Picchu Pueblo).
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to explore the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu with our knowledgeable guides. Book your tour now and get ready for an unforgettable experience!
DAY 2.- AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This day we will start our tour very early and after breakfast we will go to the station to board the bus, we will make a 30 minutes trip to the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours to know the most important places of Machu Picchu, after the tour you have free time to visit on your own, you can make the walk to the sun gate or the Inca bridge, (optional climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu has an extra cost of $ 35 USD per person). At appropriate time we will descend from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town to board our train back to Cusco, arrival time to Cusco is 7:00 PM.
Frequently Asked Questions Sacred Valley Vip to Machu Picchu 2 Days
Where is the Sacred Valley of the Incas?
The Sacred Valley of the Incas is located 15 km northeast of the city of Cusco. A drive to one of the nearest villages will take you about 40 minutes. From there you can move to the other villages in the valley.
What is the weather like during the tour?
Most of the villages that make up the Sacred Valley of the Incas have a pleasant climate. The temperature varies from 4ºC to 23ºC. From April to October is the dry season. From November to March, the rainy season. Always be prepared. Make sure you have waterproof clothing including a waterproof jacket, pants, poncho, and gloves.
How can I avoid altitude sickness?
As soon as people book their trip to Peru, specifically Cusco, they start to wonder about altitude sickness. Most of the time, these symptoms will be mild. We always recommend accelerating the activity slowly, allowing your body to adapt. Drink plenty of fluids such as water or coca tea. Coca tea has been used since ancient times to help prevent altitude sickness. Avoid drinking too much alcohol and coffee. They will make you urinate more often and you will become dehydrated. Avoid smoking. Smoking makes it harder for your body to get oxygen. Avoid sleeping pills. They can cause shallow breathing at night, making it harder for your body to absorb oxygen while you sleep.