DAY 1: Cusco – Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Chawllay
Early start in your hotel in Cusco. We pick you at 3:00 am in the morning to transfer you to Soraypampa. It is going to be about 3 hours by car to Soraypampa which is the place where you start the hike. Once in Soraypampa, You will join the Salkantay group for breakfast then you get ready for the 20 kilometers hike. Around 6:30 am you start hiking to the highest point of the whole Salkantay trail 4630 m. After 3 hours hike you reach to the top to celebrate and enjoy beautiful views of the Salkantay mountain once at the top you have the chance to make an offering for the APUS (Andean gods). We start hiking downhill to get 2900 m / 9510 ml in todo 15 km downhill hiking. You are going to do in two sections. The first section will be from the top to the lunch point which takes 2 hours approximately and then after lunch 3 hours more to the second camp called Chawllay. On the way you are going appreciate the different type of landscapes such glacier mountains, lagoons, rocky mountains, grassy hill, by the time that you will be close to the camp you are going be in the jungle area. Once at the camp time to relaxing if you like you can enjoy cold beers while the cooks make the te time and the delicious dinner.
DAY 2: Chaullay – Santa Teresa – Hidroecetrica – Aguas Calientes.
On the Second day, you will already be in the jungle area. We wake you up around 6:00 am with a cup of coca tea, then we provide you with a delicious breakfast. Around 7:00 am you start the hike to la playa Sahuayaco for 5 hours approximately along the Santa Teresa Valley which is formed by the Salkantay River. Along the valley, you have the chance to see plantation such a coffee, bananas, avocados, Coca, passion fruit, and much more. Five hours of hiking, you will arrive at La Playa Sahuayaco, from where you will take local transportation for one hour to Santa Teresa, where you stop to have lunch then you continue by car 45 more minutes to Hidrolectrica then walking 3 more hours along the train tracks to Aguas Calientes town on the flat trail. Then we take you to the hotel for showering and relaxing, in the evening around 7:00 pm we organized a dinner in a restaurant in Aguas Calientes after we go to sleep.
DAY 3: Machu Picchu – Cusco.
On the last day of the tour, you are going visit Machu Picchu. You need to wake up around 4:00 am to get ready for the hike to Machu Picchu main entrance. After you grab your pack breakfast you start walking to Puente Ruinas checkpoint for 30 minutes which is open at 5:00 am where you have to show your passport and your Machu Picchu tickets. After you pass the first checkpoint, you will hike all upstairs for one hour to Machu Picchu main gate to be there around 6:00 am. Once everybody meets at the gate, you go into Machu Picchu for the guided tour for 2.5 hours to learn everything about The lost city of the Incas. After the guided tour you have free time to explore on your own the Inca city of Machu Picchu. The time that you will spend in Machu Picchu will depend on how you like to go back to Cusco and also will depend if you want to climb the Machu Picchu montaña or Huayna Picchu mountain which must book it in advance.
Includes Salkantay trek 3 Days
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Pre-departure Salkantay trek briefing, presented by the tour guides at 7:00 pm at the office a day before
- Duffle bag to get ready 7 kilos of your belonging carried by horses.
- English/Spanish speaker professional guide.
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu.
- Transportation to head of Salkantay trail.
- 1-night camping
- 1-night hostel in Aguas Calientes
- 3 breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Transport from la playa to Santa Teresa
- New – Mountain sky Huts + Think Mattresses + Night Lighting with Glassdoor
- Personal pad (double foam – 2.5 inches thick).
- Pillows at the first Camp.
- Cooking equipment.
- Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Ollanta
- Tourist transport from Ollanta to Cusco
- Vegetarian food is available on request with no extra charge.
- First Aid equipment. Oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- Horses for carrying – 7 Kilos of each hiker.
STUDENT DISCOUNT: 20 US dollars. If you are a student, you need to send us a copy/picture of both sides of your student card to verify, to get 20 dollars discount. The student card must be an original student ID gives from the university in PVC material, and it must have the next requirements. University information, personal student information, student picture, and expiration date valid only for one year, it year must coincide with the year that student visits Machu Picchu, the discount until 25 years old.
EXTRAS that we can arrange for you
- Huayna Picchu entrance ticket. USD 20
- Montaña Machu Picchu entrance ticket. USD 20
- Sleeping bag USD 15for the whole trek
- Walking pole USD 10 For one pair
- UP-GRADE train to Vistadome – Panoramic train. USD 30– train at 16:22