FIRST DAY : Cusco – Mollepata – Challacancha – Humantay Lake – Soraypampa.-
We pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 a.m. to drive for about 3 hours to Mollepata where we start our Salkantay trek . As soon as we are at mollepata while you have breakfast the cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking the first 3 hours will be a little bit uphill to get Cruzpata where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! We will begin our Salkantay trek towards Soraypampa, our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) we will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow capped -mountain of Cusco.
1ST DAY:Total distance: 15 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (aprox.)
SECOND DAY: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Huaracmachay – Chaullay.-
After having our Salkantay Trek breakfast we start walking about 5:30 am ,because this day will be the longest day the first 4 hours is uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here. After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach our second Salkantay Trek camping spot of chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
2ND DAY:Total distance: 19 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 8 – 9 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,650 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 2,750 m (aprox.)
THIRD DAY: Chaullay – La Playa – Lucmabamba
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start walking through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking about 6 hours. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa place horses will go back to Mollepata on taking the same Salkantay Trek .so we camp at la Playa Sahuayaco
3RD DAY:Total distance: 16 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,750 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 1,600 m (aprox.)
FOURTH DAY: Lucmabamba – Llactapata – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes
We will have breakfast at 8am and leave our camping spot of Lluscamayo. We walk up on a original Inca Trail to Llactapata site where you will get a chance to see Machupicchu far away (one of the most beautiful place to see Machupicchu) then We continue walking, passing a variety of crop plantations, coca, banana etc. until we reach the hydroelectric station. And after the lunch we keep walking about two and half hours along the train road till reaching Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night in a hostel. In Aguas Calientes, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in the town (entrance 10 soles) a real treat after finishing the Salkantay Trek
4TH DAY:Total distance: 12 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 5 – 6 hours
Maximum altitude point: 1,600 m (aprox.)
Hostel(aguas calientes) altitude: 1,900 m (aprox.)
FIFTH SALKANTAY TREK DAY: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo – Cusco.-
Salkantay trek important day ,We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising. A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.and after enjoying machupicchu you have to go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollantaytambo and then bus back cusco.
5TH DAY:Total distance: 4 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 1- 2 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (aprox.)
- Private Tourist Transportation To Mollepata and Extra 1 hour to Challacancha or Marqocasa to get better views and skip the dusty road
- English – Spanish speaking guide for 4 days of the Salkantay and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English.
- 2 Nights in Dome at SORAYPAMPA & LUCMABAMBA COFFE CAMPSITE ( Twin bed room, Matrimonial bed room, 3 beds room, 4 beds room Accomodation)
- Day 1: Soraypampa Campsite at our Geodesic dome
- Day 2: Challahuay Campsite spot
- Day 3: Lucmabamba campsite spot
- Day 4: Aguas Calientes Hotel Accomodation
- Accomodation Overnight in Aguas Calientes(Twin bed room with Private bathroom and shower) Night 3
- Return Tourist Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and car Transfer to Cusco
- Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Machu Picchu Viajes Peru every month)
- Cooking equipment (We use New cooking equipment and change all every 3 months)
- Snacks (Fruits, energy bars)
- Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
- Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
- Food service in the campsites (3 breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us! as well as Guinea Pig for free because we want you to taste all from Peru.
- Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
- Transportation La Playa to Hydroelectrica Day 3 (For our Staff)
- Horseman and Horses.(To carry our camping equipment, food and 7 kilos of your personal stuff, We Never overload our Horses (well Animal Welfare). And we will Provide you a Duffel bag (at The Breifing Time) for all your personal stuff to be carried by horses.
- Salkantay Trek and Machupicchu entrance fees, valid for 4 days
- Insurance policy of life for porters and cooks.
- Visit to Machu Picchu on the 4th day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
- Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our cooks as well as adecuate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, proper backpack to carry the equipment)
- Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station)
- First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Inca Trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
- Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Trail)
- Pre trek Orientation – briefing A day before we do the Trek. (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
- Water for Driking: we will supply with filtered and boiled water and your bottles will be filled at each meal time. Please, bring enough water for the 1st day.
- Extra expenses
- Breakfast – Day 1
- Lunch and dinner – Day 5
- Not detailed meals
- Tips (optional)
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Machu Picchu Viajes Peru highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.