Rainbow Mountain Altitude, elevation: 5,200 meters above sea level.
We will pick you up from your hotel at 3:30 in the morning, to begin our incredible adventure of a full day. We will travel about 3.5 hours in our private van through the Valle del Sur until we reach the beginning of the trail in Quesiuno (4,326 m / 14,189 ft); Along the way there are stunning views of agriculture terraces, canyons and snowcapped mountains. Once the beginning of the trail arrives, we will have a light breakfast, and then start with our walk; You can observe herds of alpacas and llamas on the way, also getting beautiful views of the Ausangate mountain.
Day 1: Departure | Rainbow Mountain Perú
After a walk of approximately 3.5 hours, we will finally arrive at our destination, Vinicunca the Rainbow Mountain (5,020 m / 16,466 ft); We will have an hour to enjoy, take pictures of the natural landscape. At the indicated time we will start the return, the walk will take us about 2.5 hours until we return to the starting point, where our private transportation awaits us that takes us to the town of Pitumarca to take our lunch. After lunch, we will start the 3 hour trip back to the city of Cusco, where we will arrive at approximately 6:00 p.m.
- 01 breakfast, 01 lunch
- Professional guide.
- Admission price to access the mountain area
- Canes (add USD 15.00 for the entire walk)
- Personal horse (add USD 35.00)
Bring and Carry
Bring and Carry
- Small backpack.
- Copy of your passport.
- Cold clothing and trekking shoes (hiking boots, scarf, fleece or thermal clothing, gloves, hat, T-shirts and long-sleeved sweater).
- Rain poncho.
- Personal medications.
- Photo camera.
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, etc.
- Optional </ li>
- Gifts for children in the communities along the track, such as school supplies, second-hand clothes, etc.