Day 01 : Monkey Island.
We’ll arrive in Puerto Maldonado, Peru’s capital of biodiversity. Following pickup at the airport, our trip begins with a tour of the city by private bus. We’ll continue to Capitanía, a small river port, where we’ll board a motorized boat to cross the Madre de Dios River. As the trip progresses, we’ll become immersed in the natural surroundings of the jungle while observing the ronsoco, caimans, turtles, herons, cormorants and other animal species: We’ll arrive at the Ecoamazonia Lodge and enjoy an exquisite welcome drink. Then, we’ll settle into our bungalows and have lunch. In the afternoon, accompanied by our specialized guide, we’ll visit MONKEY ISLAND, a unique place at the heart of the Madre de Dios River—just 5 minutes from the lodge. Along the way, we’ll take in the extraordinary landscapes and exuberant flora that are home to a variety of monkey species. These monkey species include maquisapas, capuchins, lion monkeys, puffins and cotos, along with other animal species like the coati, sloth, and a great diversity of birds. We’ll complete our visit of the island while enjoying the sunset—the most impressive moment of any day in the jungle. We’ll end the day with a pleasant dinner.
Day 02 : “Cocha Perdida” (Lost Qocha)
After breakfast, we’ll begin an adventure through the virgin forest, accompanied by our local guide as we explore deep into the jungle and reach the LOST COCHA (COCHA PERDIDA). The Lost Cocha is a refuge and feeding ecosystem for a tremendous diversity of animals. There, we’ll have the opportunity to observe otters, caimans, turtles, sachavacas, birds of every color, the majestic jaguar and a variety of fish. This unique area, as it belongs to the Ecoamazonia Reserve, remains utterly intact, with large marshes and natural springs. We’ll ascend to and extraordinary vantage point, from which we’ll have a chance to observe the magical jungle, followed by a pleasant canoe ride around the lake. We’ll return to the lodge for lunch and in the afternoon, we offer an optional visit to the botanical gardens. If you’d rather relax, you can enjoy the Amazonian Pool and dinner.
Breakfast and transfer to the airport.
• Transfers / airport / Lodge / airport.
• Complete meals.
• Lodging in typical bungalows
• Tours with specialized tourist guides.
What is not included:
What you need to bring and carry:
• Sleeping bag (can be hired from our office for US$ 15.00 for the 4 day trek)
• Sleeping mattress (we will provide you with this)
• Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for a few dollars)
• Strong, comfortable footwear
• One complete change of clothing (you can afford to carry more changes of clothing if you hire a personal porters, see options below)
• Sweater and jacket (something warm)
• Water bottle and purification tablets (Micropur are recommended and can be bought in local pharmacies in Cusco)
• Flashlight and batteries
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
• Sun block (sun protection cream)
• Insect repellent
• Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
• Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
• Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
• Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes after the trek – entrance not included in price)
• You also need to bring your original passport on the trail and your student ISIC card (if claiming a student discount)