We will depart at 08:30 a.m. from the starting point at Av.Pardo 885 (the ex-Inka Express local). The tour will begin with a nice, scenic ride to Ollantaytambo, where we will have a chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the area as we take a short, 30 minute break (approx). From there, we will continue down a long, winding path to “Habra de Malaga”, which stands at an altitude of 4 316 m.a.s.l./14 160ft. From that vantage point, we will see some of the most amazing landscapes that Peru has to offer.
After a brief stop, we will begin our descent into the thick jungle, passing through the different micro-climates that combine the paradisiacal landscapes of the majestic snow-capped peaks with the hot, tropical entrance to the rainforest. We will continue along our route until we have reached Alfamayó, where there is a nice, paved road in perfect condition that we can use. We will need to take an unpaved road though, in order to continue on in the direction of Santa Maria, which is located at an altitude of 1 575 m.a.s.l./5 167ft. We will take a moment to rest here before continuing on to the small town, Santa Teresa, where a delicious lunch will be awaiting us at approximately 2 p.m. There will be a variety of different foods available to suit every taste.
Afterwards, at around 3:45 p.m. We will return to the route in the direction of the train station at the nearby Hydroelectric Plant. The train will have us in Aguas Calientes by 5:30 p.m., at which point you will be taken to the designated hostals and hotels. If we have any extra time to use, we can also go take a relaxing dip in the natural, heated waters of the hot baths. At 8:00 pm, though, it will be time to enjoy a hearty dinner along with the guide who will be taking you to the ancient citadel, Machu Picchu. At that time, he will have a chance to go over the plan for the following day and answer any questions. Overnight.
Day 2 – (Sunrise at Machu Picchu)
You will have the option to go up to Machu Picchu by bus or by foot. Breakfast will be served from 5:00 am. The guided tour of the site will begin at 6:00 am and will last for at least 2 hours. Afterwards, you will be able to enjoy some free time until approximately 11:30 am, which is the recommended time to begin returning down the mountain to the train station. The train back to the hydroelectric plant will be leaving Aguas Calientes at 12:35 pm.
Upon our arrival to the hydroelectric plant, we will transfer over from the train to a private van, which will take us to Santa Teresa. There, we will have a one hour break for one last chance to get some food or use the restroom before we undertake the final leg of the ride. We will then proceed back to Cusco, returning down the same road that brought us here. We will arrive to Cusco around 9:30 pm (approx).
- Hotel booking is subject to availability of spaces.
- The cost of tour packages are based on double occupancy.
- Prices do not include IGV for Peruvians passengers.
We can also arrange a travel itinerary according to your requirements and lugger that you want to visit. These can be with hotels of category 3, 4 & 5 *. For inquiries write to:
- Peruvian tourists with valid ID, passport tourists with Andean Community (Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia) and foreign tourists with International Student Card (ISIC) receive a discount.
- Special discounts for groups of more “05 people” For more information write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To climb the Huayna Picchu mountain, there is a limit of 400 people per day, we recommend booking in advance.
- Once the quotas for the mountain exhausted, no option to raise revenue.
- The cost to climb this mountain is $ 15.00 USD, it should be increased to the total cost of the package.
- The people doing the Inca Trail and want to climb the mountain Huayna Picchu, they have to make an extra payment of $ 65.00 US
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Original passport
- Use sneakers or light/tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Long pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- A backpack or lightweight suitcase (no weight limit between 5-6 kilos maximum).
- Camera or camcorder and films.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.
- Bathing suit for the hot springs (optional)