DAY 1: CUSCO – OLLANTA – MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTA – CUSCO
We’ll pass through your hotel 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of Cusco. We will take you to the train station located in the town of Ollantaytambo (1 hour 30 minutes away by car) where we’ll board our train and then make the trip with destination the town of “Aguas Calientes” (2 000 m.a.s.l./6 561ft) which lasts two hours.
Arriving at the train station, our guide will be waiting for us with a sign and their names, with it will go to the bus station, to ascend 400 m in height, a zigzag path for 30 minutes to reach the incredible Wonder World “Machu Picchu Sanctuary”, known as “The Lost City of the Incas”.
Once you reach the citadel of Machu Picchu, we’ll pass the control point where you will be delivered your entrance ticket, from this place, from this place will start the guided tour, we’ll visit the main venues of the city such as the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and Cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours.
Upon completion, you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel and visit Machu Picchu on your own, then we’ll return to “Aguas Calientes” and take our foodstuffs in one of the many restaurants.
In the afternoon, we’ll take the train back to Cusco (should be presented in the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train), the return will follow the same route as the outward journey, arrival at the train station in Ollantaytambo , we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1-hour trip by car and 30 minutes).
- Hotel booking is subject to availability of spaces.
- The cost of tour packages are based on double occupancy.
- Prices do not include IGV for Peruvians passengers.
We can also arrange a travel itinerary according to your requirements and lugger that you want to visit. These can be with hotels of category 3, 4 & 5 *. For inquiries write to:
- Peruvian tourists with valid ID, passport tourists with Andean Community (Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia) and foreign tourists with International Student Card (ISIC) receive a discount.
- Special discounts for groups of more “05 people” For more information write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To climb the Huayna Picchu mountain, there is a limit of 400 people per day, we recommend booking in advance.
- Once the quotas for the mountain exhausted, no option to raise revenue.
- The cost to climb this mountain is $ 15.00 USD, it should be increased to the total cost of the package.
- The people doing the Inca Trail and want to climb the mountain Huayna Picchu, they have to make an extra payment of $ 65.00 US
Bring and Carry
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Original passport
- Use sneakers or light/tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Long pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- A backpack or lightweight suitcase (no weight limit between 5-6 kilos maximum).
- Camera or camcorder and films.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.
- Bathing suit for the hot springs (optional)