DAY 01: Reception in Cusco – Excursion (City Tour).
… a.m. Reception at the airport and transfer to the selected hotel in Cusco, place where will be served an aromatic coca-leaf tea stimulating because of the altitude of the city, and then you could relax and have lunch before the tour of the city.
02:00 p.m: EXCURSION CITY TOUR: We will visit the Temple of the Sun or Qorikancha, also visit the 04 nearby ruins of the city, the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Puca Pucara, finally “The Baths of the Inca”. Tambomachay 06:30 p.m. Transfer to the hotel. Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 02: Cusco- Sacred Valley of the Incas
After breakfast, we’ll pick you up between 08:30 p.m. and 09:00 a.m, we’ll start by Corao, then travel over the Vilcanota River for a panoramic view of the Inca citadel of Pisac and visit a typical Indian market of Pisac where we will have the opportunity to learn about the customs of its inhabitants and haggle prices with vendors. Lunch at a local restaurant in the Sacred Valley of the Incas (optional $ 20 USD). In the afternoon, we’ll visit the Fortress and Citadel of Ollantaytambo, built to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasion from the tribes of the jungle.
We will have the opportunity to walk the streets of the town and get a clear idea of what this military, religious and cultural center during the Inca Empire.
On the way back to Cusco, we’ll visit the picturesque village of Chinchero where there are the remains of the “Royal Hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui”. Admire its well preserved Inca Wall in the Main Square and visit the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the portico, this temple was built on the foundations of an Inca building.
Once the visit completed, we’ll return to Cusco, we’ll arrive to the city at approximately 07:00 p.m.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 03: Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco
… a.m, we’ll pass through your hotel 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of Cusco, we will take you to the train station located in the town of Ollantaytambo (1 hour and 30-minute trip by car) where we’ll board our train and then make the trip with destiny the town of “Aguas Calientes” (2000 m) which lasts two hours.
Arriving at the train station, our guide will be waiting for us with a sign and your names, with it, we will go to the bus station, to ascend 400 m in height, a zigzag path for 30 minutes to reach the incredible World Wonder: “Machu Picchu Sanctuary”, known as “The Lost City of the Incas”.
Once you reached the citadel of Machu Picchu, we’ll pass the control point where you’ll be delivered your entrance ticket, from this place, the guided tour will start, we’ll visit the main venues of the city such as the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock , the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and Cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours.
Upon completion, you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel and visit Machu Picchu on your own, then we’ll return to “Aguas Calientes” and take our food in one of the many restaurants.
In the afternoon, we’re going to take the train back to Cusco (must be in the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train), the return will follow the same route as the outward journey, arrival at the train station of Ollantaytambo , we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1 hour and 30-minute trip by car).
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 04: Cusco – Return to Lima
At the appropriate time, pick-up from the hotel and transfer to the airport to take our flight back to Lima.
End of the services.
- Transfers terminal AIR / HTL / Terminal AIR.
- Excursion: City Tour (transport and guide).
- Excursion: Sacred Valley (transport and guide).
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley
- Tourist ticket (entrances city tour, Sacred Valley, and all the attractions mentioned in the itinerary).
- Machu Picchu Tour.
- Transportation Cusco – Ollanta (train station) – Cusco.
- Outward and return train (tourist train) Ollanta – “Aguas Calientes” – Ollanta.
- Bus up and down to “Aguas Calientes” – Machu Picchu.
- Official tourism guide.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Transportation back from Ollanta – Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Hotel 03 nights in Cusco.
- Food: lunches and dinners.
- Optional: lunch buffet in the village of Machu Picchu $ 27.00 USD (upon customer request)
- Air flights Lima – Cusco – Lima (optional extra cost of $230.00 USD).
- Entrance to the mountain of Wayna Picchu (optional $15 USD).
- Original passport
- Use sneakers or light/tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Long pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- A backpack or lightweight suitcase (no weight limit between 5-6 kilos maximum).
- Camera or camcorder and films.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.